The Prosecuting Attorney represents county and township governments. Our Civil Division is responsible for carrying out those duties.
The duties of the Civil Division include:
- defending or prosecuting any lawsuits filed by or against county officers.
- advising county officers and boards about the law.
- reviewing documents and contracts for legal form.
- assisting the County Treasurer in collecting delinquent taxes.
- advising the Board of County Commissioners in legal matters involving land use and annexation, sanitary sewer operation and construction, and policies and procedures.
- advising and representing the County Board of Elections.
- representing library districts.
Delaware County has 19 townships. The Civil Division works with the Board of Trustees, the Board of Zoning Commission, and the Board of Zoning Appeals in each township.
The Civil Division also conducts annual training for township officers, and has published a handbook on township legal issues.
Christopher D. Betts
Mark W. Fowler
Aric I. Hochstettler
Andrew J. King
Eric C. Penkal
Vince J. Villio