Delaware Victim Services Unit offers 24-Hour, 7 days a week crisis response through law enforcement referral. This assistance is not only for clients who are survivors of crime, but for Delaware County Law Enforcement personnel who may need assistance with a survivor of crime, either by phone support, on the scene or for hospital response.
Civil Protection Order Assistance
The Victim Services Unit is available Monday-Friday from 8-4:30PM at 740-833-2710 to assist you in person or over the phone with Civil Protection Orders.
Civil Protection Order forms are hosted online by the Ohio Supreme Court. The forms can be accessed at: http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/domesticViolence/default.asp Please contact the Victim Services Unit for assistance in completing these forms.
Types of Civil Protection Orders (CPO): Stalking, Dating Violence, Sexually Oriented Offenses, Domestic Violence or Juvenile Protection Orders
- You can apply for a Stalking CPO if the offender is engaging in a pattern of conduct that makes you believe you are in imminent danger.
- You can apply for a Dating Violence CPO if the offender and yourself have been in an intimate relationship, not living together and have separated within the current year, and they have physically abused you.
- You can apply for a Sexually Oriented Offense CPO if you have experienced any type of sexual abuse including rape or gross sexual imposition.
- You can apply for a Domestic Violence CPO if you are related to the offender by blood or marriage and you are currently living together, or used to live together or you have a child with the offender whether or not you were ever married or lived together and they have physically abused you or your children.
- You can apply for a Juvenile CPO if the offender is under the age of 18 and is participating in Stalking, Sexual Oriented Offenses, Domestic Violence or Dating Violence.
As always, if you are in immediate danger please contact 9-1-1.
We also provide:
- Information about the criminal justice system.
- Assistance with: Victim Impact Statements, Victims of Crime Compensation Forms, Civil Protection Orders and Anti-Stalking Protection Orders.
- Notifying clients of hearing dates and the status of the cases in which they are involved.
- Accompanying clients to court proceedings and providing support and education throughout the criminal justice process.
- Referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Transportation to and from court, when necessary.
- Liaison between victim/survivors of crime and the Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
- Screen and assist with Anti-Stalking Civil Protection Orders and Civil Protection Orders.
- Referral to The Legal Aid Society when appropriate.
- Emergency 911 phones for Protection Order clients and clients of serious crimes as determined.
Victim Services Unit
Caitlin Groh – Civil Protection Order Specialist
Meg Dillman, R.A., C.A. – Victim Assistant
Megan Powell, R.A. – Victim Assistant
Trish Wright, L.S.W., R.A.S.S. – Director
Please be advised that the Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney represents the State of Ohio in criminal matters and is statutory counsel for certain local public boards and officials. No attorney-client relationship shall exist between the Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney and any other person or entity. This website and use of this website is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, and any communication sent to the Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney by a person or entity that the Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney does not represent is not entitled to confidentiality and may constitute a public record under applicable Ohio law. This website and materials presented on it shall not constitute legal advice and are intended to be used for general informational purposes only. The information on the website may not be current and is subject to change without notice. Links to third-party sites on this website are also provided for general informational purposes only. The Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney does not control third-party sites, and the Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney does not create or maintain information contained on third-party sites. Any link to third-party sites does not imply an association with or constitute endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of the third-party site or any information contained on the third-party site. The Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney does not and cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness of any information on third-party sites, and any person or entity relying on such information assumes the risk that it is incorrect or incomplete. Acting upon any information on this website or a third-party site without first seeking qualified legal counsel on your specific matter may be contrary to your interests.